Teenage Anger Facts
- According to Harvard University data, nearly two-thirds of U.S. adolescents have experienced an anger attack that involved threatening violence, destroying property, or engaging in violence toward others at some point in their lives.
- 40% of male and 36% of female teens admit to feeling anger and irritability.
- Approximately 63% of children & teens exhibit severe and aggressive behavior.
- Handling anger aggressively may also lead to depression, which affects 20% of teens and is the #1 cause of teenage suicide when left untreated
- Only 6.5% of teens with aggressive anger management issues receive help.
Sources: Harvard, Statista, Child Work